Friday 29 March 2013

Korres glory




I took an impromptu shortcut through TK Maxx yesterday only to be seduced by the beauty and bath section.. much to the dismay of the person accompanying me. I could spend hours there and that is no exaggeration. I lifted this body butter simply out of interest but as soon as I smelt the product I was sold. It was a tough choice between the guava or fig scent but guava triumphed in the end! 


The Korres brand is totally new to me and this is the first product I've used by them. I get the impression they're a very natural brand. The packaging tells me that this product is 93.9% natural with no Parabens, no Silicones and no Phthalates - that could only be good right?

There's a really extensive ingredients list down the side called 'Formula Facts' which tells you exactly what is and isn't in the product which would be amazing for someone with allergies or sensitive skin who really needed to check the product over before using it. 

The product normally costs £12.99 according to the Tk Maxx but I got it there for £4.99! And I can safely say it's the best fiver I've spent in a while, I'm delighted with my purchase. This body butter is a 'Extra moisturising' version for dry skin conditions.

The packaging reads: Smoothing and moisturising cream for all over the body, ideal for dry elbows, heels and knees. Guava is an important source of vitamin C, which stimulates collagen synthesis. Shea butter and Quince extract have softening moisturising and reconstructing properties. Sunflower, Almond and Avacado oils nourish the skin, thus restoring its elasticity and smoothness. 



It's a 150ml bottle with a very handy pump (I really love it when a product has a pump.. it's just one of those things).
I think it was the scent that really drove me to this product. It's deliciously fruity and it kind of smells faintly of suncream.. but the nicest suncream you'll ever smell. It immediately transported me to my summer holidays as soon as I smelt it and every time I've used it!



It's quite thick in consistency and you have to really work it into the skin but leaves your skin feeling gloriously hydrated and happy! 


After applying this body cream your skin feels totally plump, supple and soft to touch and after applying I sat about admiring the smell and imagining I was on a beach in Spain...ahhhh.

After such success I am determined to try more Korres products, any suggestions? 
 I don't think I've been this enthusiastic about a body butter before and I am itching to try out their other scents and ranges. If you pass one of these in TK Maxx pick it up and see what you think, you might just be as pleased as I was. 

Thanks for reading :) 

Oh and just on a side note - I've customized my blog a little and I think I'm finally happy with the header (hours spend on Photoshop and lots of trial and error - time well spent) What do you guys think?


Much love, 
                     Natalie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment